2017+ L5P tuning is here !
Increase power output from 0-200RWHP on your 2017-2021 L5P powered truck with the usage of Switch On The Fly (SOFT) tuning using steering wheel controls or a manual control knob. The increased power outputs are seen with no hard part changes to the truck and require all emissions equipment to be fully intact and in good working condition. For users wanting the maximum benifit from shift control and Allision transmission durability, TCM tuning is strongly advised - this is applicable to 2017-2019 Trucks only!
Emissions Intact – Don’t delete the DPF on your L5P ! There is no need to remove your emissions equipment, DPF, SCR, DEF.
What the user will see as a result of our calibrations are:
- Increased throttle responsiveness (reduced or eliminated deadpedal)
- Nearly the same or similar to OEM diesel exhaust fluid consumption (DEF)
- Reduced EGR flow into the engine during normal operation without affect on emmissions NOx output
- Increased torque in all power levels which allow TCM to command the next higher gear (fuel savings)
- Increased time between DPF regenerations
- Increased fuel economy (average increase depends on driver habbits)
- Quicker transient response times to degraded air/fuel conditions
- Enhanced and more conservative engine backdowns from sustained high EGT conditions
- Enhanced and more conservative timing control during high load conditions (towing)
- Overall better drivability and end user experience
Standard power levels are:
Position 0: + 0HP ~ Stock power
Position 1: + 30HP Heavy Tow
Position 2: + 80HP Light Tow/Economy
Position 3: + 135HP Economy/Daily Driver
Position 4: + 160HP Street
Position 5: + 200HP Max Effort stock turbo/fuel system
Transmission Tuning & TCM Unlock (T87A)
Take advantage of the best availible tuning to ever be offered on the 17-19 T87A TCMs ! - We can say that because we actually test, and own what we test!
The factory TCM tuning from GM in the T87A leaves a lot to be desired when it comes to proper shift control and torque converter lockup (TCC –L/U). Often the factory TCM strategy will put the TCM into 5 and 6th gear locked up to early resulting in lugging and inability to downshift quick enough – especially when pulling. This problem is amplified when power is turned up.
TCM tuning should be paired with the same tune file writer as the ECM tuner. In similar fashion to the way GM would have done this the ECM and TCM work together, its important for the tune file on the TCM side to have similar torque model inputs as the ECM side. We highly advise against mixing and matching ECM / TCM tuning companies - use the same tuner for both!
Pressure Control - Marketing 101 use only what you need !
Main line pressure on an Allision 2011+ is controlled via pulsewidth modulation to regulate main line pressure based on torque input requests. While raising line pressure up slightly in the Allisons can be benificial under high load low RPM scenerios we only apply slightly increased line pressure in the areas of the power curve that matter. Raising line pressure without the need for it increases pump wear, increases transmission temperature, and decreased fuel economy - this is well documented.
What the user will see as a result of TCM tuning
- Increased transmission line pressure for holding more HP and torque (G50 solenoid control)
- Revised shift schedule to improve drive-ability decrease lugging and decreases transient response times
- Improved shift timing
- Re-designed torque converter lock-up strategy during TOW/Haul Scenerios
- Allows power transfer from the engine to the wheels more efficiently
- Allows transmission to handle the larger earler torque curve that can be delivered by the L5P
--> What is required?
- Modified T87A TCM (unlocked)
- HP Tuners MPVI/RTD Device
- 4 - HP Universal Credits
!!This calibration package can only be installed using the HP Tuners MVPI2 or MVPI2+ or our Private lable RTD devices!! As such the end user MUST have either an unlocked/upgraded ECM from HP tuners or from VSE directly and also MUST either purchase licensing credits and MVPI2/2+ MVPI3 or RTD or already have them in their posession.
Core TCMs shall be returned to VSE in less than 30 days of the shipment date or will subject to refusal.
Vin Specific Enterprises
15215 Harvest Lane
Bennington, NE 68007
Federal Emissions Standards and Compliance:
--> Please be advised that these calibrations have a part number under EPA enforcement - as such will function only on trucks with working emissions control systems on them. SCR (selective catalyst reduction) DPF (deisel particulate filter) all NOx monitors, soot monitors, DEF (deisel exhaust fuel) monitors, reductant heaters/pump, EGT sensors, EGR sensors and other applicable Tier 4 emissions monitoring equipment will be required to be online before calibrations are completed and after in order for all OBDII compliance tests to be completed satisfactory and in accorance with current emissions standards. If this product is purchased with the intent to use on a truck with no emission equipment in place - we will not refund the purchase.